Monday 5 August 2013

Welcome to the TheGeneralcrow YouTube blog.

I run a 4000 views a month YouTube channel where I blog my video game playing with my clan and friends.  I have had several people request I start a blog about the programs, set-up and equipment I use to capture the videos and the achievements in game our clan has.

My main blog is a programming one where I am learning programming for Android apps but this seemed important too.

Here are some of the games I capture:

Star War: The Old Republic
Defiance
Guild Wars 2
Asheron's Call
Asheron's Call 2
Magicka
SIM City and many many more.

Here is my break down of the software I use and the best features of the software.

Fraps and graphics:

Great software but there are some issues in Windows 8.  It has frame buffer issues when running in window mode and can not capture the desktop.  I tend to capture 1080p at 30 frames per second.  This means 6-7 minutes a 4Gb file so I have 160Gb ready for a days play and capture on a second 500Gb HDD.  Hardware is important, I use a 8 Xenon core machine a HP xw6400 as my main PC.  Here is a great trick the processor is not as important as the graphics card and RAM.  My system has 6Gb of RAM and that is best for my capture 2Gb above the recommended for a lot of games to ensure a smooth capture.

Please feel free to ask me questions here is one of my latest Defiance videos:

http://youtu.be/XKW-kziqKno

You will notice I have turned down a few features that were full screen effects, these caused frame issues when there was a lot of action.  remember the graphics interface is doing your capture as well as the HDD and processor.  Bloom looks good but I find on the graphics card I use is a heavy overhead.

More next time.. I post every other day here.




No comments:

Post a Comment